Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Medic

Medic

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:10 pm

"I'd, really appreciate the help Felix, thank you. As long as you make sure your, uh.. Hands, paws; are kept clean, and the blades, they need sanitized.. But yeah, you'd be a big help, thanks.." Medic said gratefully. She was slowly leaning into Felix as he was patting her back, which slowly turned to a hug.

"The only Christmas I could think of being celebrated in slave pens would be the controllers giving out extra doses of catnip.. That's all I can think of. Kinda sad, really.."
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Mac stopped, frowning a bit as he took in a few breaths. The furball got to him again. He stood there for a moment, his mind whirling. He really loved Medic, really hoped he HADN'T been the one responsible for her husband's death. Oh well, he had to live with it. To him, he had some serious competition with the Pantheran that decided to show up and gut two of his squad mates, then suddenly found a home with Medic. He shook his head. If he wanted any possible shot with her, he had to stop acting like a dick.

He turned, heading back to the bar. He didn't even seem to mind her hugging the furball. Sitting down, he served himself another pint of stout, looking over at the two as he took a drink. Setting the glass down, he cleared his throat a bit.

"Hope you don't mind me breakin' up the lovefest over there, but I got somethin' to say to Medic."

He looked down at his drink, watching the foam slowly begin to dissipate into the drink. "... I figure since we're in Arcand, we can duck out and head to the Capital, get ourselves a nice Christmas Dinner or somethin'. Hell, the furball can come, too, if ya want him to."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:15 pm

"If the Radar's out, we'll probably not have to worry about the damn AA for now. I'll be right down there, and we can get that bird up and out, and we'll party in the Capital." He started to get his equipment together, zipping up in coldweather gear and making sure the pack was tied firmly to him. It would not be the softest of landings if the chute suddenly decided to fly off of him.

He headed to the rear, opening the door leading out. The icy blasts bit into his exposed flesh, his face stinging. He squinted, his gloved hands setting the goggles over his eyes. Without much further ado, he gripped the doorframe, looking down at the white earth below. He rocked a bit, then with a single lunge, flew through empty space as gravity took him, his descent beginning.
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Felix smiled and nodded slightly, before hugged her back gently. "Its okay. Just glad to try and help." He said with a smile. "I should probably wear gloves, or, something?" He asked, not sure how he'd sanitize... Paws. He soon gave a sigh and nodded. "More catnip is better than nothing, I guess," He said with a quiet sigh.

Felix blinked slightly as Mac walked back in, almost expecting to be insulted for the cuddle, his ears twisting around to follow Mac as he walked. Nodding slightly at what Mac asked, he kept his ears facing Mac in case.

Blinking as Mac seemed to suggest he could put up with 'The furball' being at a Christmas Dinner, Felix turned to look at Mac, and up at Medic. "Really?" He asked, sounding surprised.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 pm

"Okay, Capt'n." Demetrius replied. "Shall wait for your arrival." He added. Gently pulling the magazine from the rifle, be pulled the charging handle back, caught the bullet as it ejected from breech, before slipped the round back into the magazine, pulled the trigger with a 'click!' to release the firing pin, and finally slipped the magazine back into the rifle, leaving it uncharged,
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:21 am

Letting go of Felix with a slight blush, Medic hadn't been expecting Mac to come out of his sulking for that night; much less that soon. But an offer for dinner was completely unheard of, especially with inviting Felix.

"It sounds great Mac; honestly, it does. But I really don't know if I can, you and I are on duty, remember? We kinda have to be here.." Her gaze shifted to a few people in the corner that were already passed out, others were poking at and drawing on them.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:46 am

Another jeep had rolled up to the hanger doors; the bonfire patrons seemed to be quite excited about its arrival, some of them trying to unlatch the tarp that was covering its cargo. They were immediately rifle-butted and chastised by some of the more sober guards that came out to open the giant doors of the hangar for the jeep; it then disappearing just like the one before it.

"Got another jeep over here. I don't think it's bullets with how the actual guards are acting."
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:04 am

Felix blinked. "But, surely everyone else is on duty, too, but, they don't look it!" He added in argument. "And its only for one day... What's the worst that can happen for eating out for a day?" He asked, blinking slightly. It was - or, would be - a special occasion. Not because it was eating in a restaurant - an experience he had never particularly been given - but because it was Mac who was offering!
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:01 pm

The chute opened up as he started his descent down, his earpiece crackling as more messages went through. "So... they aren't loading up the plane with munitions because the guards are acting weird?" He looked around, watching the ground rise up slowly to meet him. His shoulders ached as the pack straps bit into them. His feet dangled in empty space.

"Well, then find out what the hell it is they're hiding in there, I don't wanna be the one explaining to our customer that we're carrying something that could EASILY be traced back to him. And if you do find something, don't go messing around with it until I get there."

His feet hit the frosty snow on the ground, his knees bending as he hit the ground, and rolled a bit. Standing up, he tugged the chute the rest of the way down to quickly lose the canopy, his feet carrying him to the lights of the air field.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:34 pm

"I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but the furball's got a point. There ARE other medical staff available on this airship. They can handle it. Come on, it'll only be for a while. It's on me." Mac was really pushing to sell this to Medic. His one shot to get her out on a date, and he'd risk bringing the pantheran along for the ride, despite his best methods of trying to subdue the bubbling and festering green blob that tried to overtake his mind every time he knew or saw that furball with Alison.

"Please. It's Christmastime, and let's face it, you need a break too."
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:36 am

Medic looked at Mac, then at Felix, then at the congregation of party-goers that couldn't get drunk enough. Mac looked almost desperate, and Felix; his eyes couldn't be seen but from the way his eyebrows were above the sweatband, it almost looked like he was pleading.

After debating internally for a few minutes, Medic gave up with a sigh. "You win. Just, we can't stay out too late."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:05 pm

"What's that Lepper? Sneak into the hangar, kill some people, and figure out the cargo? Rodger that. Demetrius, cover me, eh?" Seba glanced around quickly, and then hopped up; heading for the road where the jeeps came in on. Walking up to the hangar calmly, the drunk bonfire patrons didn't pay any attention to her, as she expected they wouldn't. Finding a side door near the larger hangar doors, Seba tried to open it, and found that it was unlocked. Waving to a few of the patrons in response to their waves, she quietly entered the hangar.

Looking around quickly, Seba ducked behind a few crates; there weren't many armed guards inside the hangar. If anything, there were elves from Anilasia running around, hastily loading Blitzen with the cargo from the jeeps.. Presents.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Works for me. Demetrius replied, once again pulling back the charging handle on his rifle, and staring down the scope. Following Seba, he chuckled quietly as she passed the drunk guards - who seemed only to welcome her presence. You're doing well so far... he grinned, his thick accent rolling out the Dessarian language.

As she opened the door slowly, he gripped the rifle moreso. What do you see? He asked. is there a bathroom? I could really make use of one... That Vodka's gone straight to my bladder. He added, slowly placing more snow in his mouth to remain hidden.
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Felix grinned. "I barely get to go out! Not long is longer than usual." He replied, bouncing on his bar-stool slightly. He was excited somewhat. Maybe Christmas wouldn't turn out so bad, after all...

Eyeing Mac with his ears, he gave a worried swallow. What if Mac was simply... Playing Felix into a corner? Or if his good mood lasted shorter than what was appropriate? Their bias rivalry was fine, but... In public, people would be caused into questioning why a Pantheran - a slave by nature - was fighting back against a master beating him. Such curiosity was best left alone. If Mac started... He'd have to play along.
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:26 pm

"You mind not speaking in your gibberish for once while on this channel?" He was audibly heard to growl a bit, as he looked around, trudging through the frost to head towards the airbase. He had no idea where either of the two were, and it seemed the wind was beginning to pick up. "Great, that's just what I needed. More wind for harder take off conditions..." He frowned, trudging onwards.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:42 pm

"Vodka, what vodka... You didn't, oh I am going to kick. Your. ASS. I was saving that!!" Seba hissed into the microphone, really hoping the people nearby were deaf. "You can just piss in the snow!"
Snorting, she added, "And, sorry Lepper; some things are just, easier said in such 'gibberish'. ..What's taking you so long?"
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Demetrius grunted. "I wouldn't mind speaking Arcand if language wasn't so bloody awful. It like talking mouthful of glass." he added, half in protest, and half in expression to his preference to the Dessari language.

Giving a grin at Seba's enraged voice over the radio, gave gave a huff. "If you will leave your booze cabinet open... Locking your door doesn't stop people getting to your Vodka, you know." He added, before gently zooming his scope in further.

It wasn't long before the sound of crunching snow under boots resounded through the air, loudening steadily through the sound of the gusting wind. Common sense would speak towards it being Lepper, but, common sense had gotten a lot of people killed over the years... "I can hear you Capt'n. Either you are walking close, or someone else is..." He said over the radio quietly. "I would be careful. Try not to trip wires buried in snow. The result will be... How you Gaians say... Explosive?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:49 am

Lep stopped, looking down at the source of the voice. The delayed signal of the radio came in a second afterwards. Looking at the layer of frost, he eyed the airfield from afar, then down to the snow. He could make out one of the closest tripwires just peaking out of the blanket of white. He didn't even look over at Demetrius, simply going prone alongside him. "Thanks for the warning... Question is, how the hell the Commissar managed to get through them without tripping a single one?" He frowned a bit, lifting the goggles up from his eyes. "I mean, considering the Arcand Military, this doesn't seem at all like them..."

He turned to Demetrius, raising an eyebrow. "... so who exactly ordered the Lancaster anyway? And none of this 'it's confidential' crap either."
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:19 am

Mac couldn't help himself hearing her response. He just went over and gave her a quick hug. "Thanks, Medic! I swear, you won't regret it!" He quickly let her go, then did something that was unlike him. He patted Felix atop his head between his ears, heading down the corridor with a more happy tune. Of course, he had to arrange for someone to drop them off and pick them up from the Airship, but it was nothing to worry about. He headed quickly to his room, shutting the door behind him to get ready to finally go out... even if it DID mean having to deal with the furball for the night. Even the Pantheran couldn't deter his happy mood.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 am

"The Commissar got through because I'm good like that. Technically, there weren't any trip wires; we're dealing with something outside of the Arcand military. This cargo, Lepper? It's brightly wrapped boxes. I donno the content, but, there's elves here as well. This isn't the military."

"And if you go in my room without my permission or acknowledgment I WILL kill you. Especially if it's just to seal my alcohol. You better PRAY that no one saw you, Demetrius."
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 am

Felix blinked as Mac hugged Alison, before cringing as Mac moved to pat him on the head, only opening an eye and letting his ears up once Mac had begun to walk away. Placing a hand upon the back of his head, be blinked slightly. The skin tingled gently, even his body ready for the old smack around the head he was so used to be now.
He... Didn't hit me... he muttered to himself in Pantheran, noticeable only by the faint flicks of his ears and tail, and a quiet audible yap.

Looking over at Alison, he rubbed his head gently. "I... Why didn't he hit me? Did I do something wrong?" he asked with a blink, his mind seeming to struggle to bend to match this new... Situation.
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 am

"No Felix, you didn't do anything wrong... Are you okay?" Medic looked at Felix concerned; she had heard the yap, and his body was rather rigid, he had never really acted this way before. This was post traumatic stress disorder, it was finally showing, and she recognized it.
"... You got hit a lot, didn't you, when you were in the slave facilities. If you want, I can give you something that would help."
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 am

Demetrius reached out gently, placed a little pressure on one of the strings, before slipping his finger off. The wire made a faint twang, and blurred as it resonated, snow gently shifting against the wind above it. "Back in Dessaria, we used to pull pins out of grenades, then put pins back in, and then wire them up." he explained. "Pin just slips out then... But, like this? Pin, is not bent straight. Takes four kilograms of pressure to pull it." He added. "The wind... It, makes it a... Reed? See?" He asked, nodding out beside him. Seen close to the snow, lines of distortion gently shifted in the snow with the wind, disturbing snow around it. "Little careful eye, you spot it." He said with a smile. "And besides. Foreigners used to do same in Dessaria. Make same mistake. The cables, they react the same."
"Not that I am, breeching your, knowledge, Captain." He added, obediently.

Soon looking sideways at his Captain, Demetrius grinned, before stuffing more snow in his mouth. "An Aekean man. He called himself..." Demetrius seemed to have to strain to form the word in his head, before saying the word harsh enough that it have the impression of audible sandpaper; "Mick. He say he, want something little Special, and told me what it was. I asked if I couldn't buy him hooker and a crate of [/i]lager[/i]."

Demetrius grinned. "He... Had no sense of humour. I was considering, cutting out his tongue, Da? But, I figured that would make talking to control tower... hard, for him."
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:23 am

Felix blinked a little, rubbing his head gently still, before nodding a little to whether or not he was okay.
"I did..." He replied in reply. It had almost become a regime. Another guard, another belt around the head, another snide remark...

Staring into space - not that he could see past his blindfold - he remembered... Well, a lot of things. The conditions, a brief family, the travelling... Felix gave a twitch, before giving a whine, and protectively holding his head. "You're not going to smack me, right?" He asked, seeming almost genuinely worried.
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:15 pm

"Uh, Felix... What? Am I going to smack you? Felix.. I, I may have had to take your blindfold off that one time, but that was to prevent a really bad situation from happening, even worse than what it was at that current moment. I didn't want either you or Mac ending up dead. I know it hurt, and really, I apologize for hurting you.. But I am never going to smack you."

Medic shifted slightly before continuing. "I don't know what they did, and I can't pretend that I do. But if you don't feel comfortable with something, please, let us know. You should be comfortable here. You plan on staying, right? Even after you get your kittens back?" For some reason it was important. She had to know if he was going to stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sky Haven :: Roleplay :: Battle and Adventures-
Create a forum | Roleplay forums | Contemporary | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com