Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Norune Trade Route

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Medic

Medic

The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 _
PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Medic had been sleeping, but due to the sudden change in the rooms volume level due to Mac's talking, she was now stirring awake. The room was a bit blurry at first, but after blinking her eyes to adjust them to the brightness of the overhead lights a few times, things came into focus. Medic noticed that there were two IV's attached to her arm, a pulse monitor on her finger, and something around her head that made it feel abnormally stiff.

"...Injured? How many?" She asked Mac, extending one of her arms out towards him in a grabbing effort at her own medical clipboard.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 am

Demetrius smirked, and hauled himself up as Seba counted herself in, and shrugged slightly. "Would now be appropriate?" he asked, scratching the back of his head with a wince, before turning to walk towards the Sky, off to commandeer a set of wheels.

Nobby the Urchin frowned up at Seba, before huffing. "You knows how expensive them maps is?" He asked, crossing his arms. "I dun' has that kinda cash to spend on some papers with not-right drawin's of Norune on! Might as wells carry around a map of Dessaria!" He added. In fact he did; both above ground and of the known tunnels; you never knew when a visual representation of information was going to crop up, and information sold well... he also had maps of various other places, but cards were items played best tucked against your shirt.
"Still." Nobby added with a nod, "I hears Dessaria is nice this time-a year. I means, if y'can get along withs the locals." He added with a chuckle.

Demetrius soon made it over to a Jeep, and after folding down the windscreen and lifting the current occupant out of the driver's seat with a grunt, sat down in the driver's seat, started the engine, shoved it into first gear with a hefty mechanical Clunk and pulled away, pressing his foot on the break hard enough to lock all four wheels soon enough, stopping close to Seba.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:09 am

The incorrectly drawn map of Norune bit was true; Norune re-invented itself nearly every other day due to merchants changing locations, new building being constructed and older ones being destroyed, raided, or otherwise arson-ed. Seba started to wonder why she said anything about a map of Norune in the first place; it was completely obsolete.

Containing a small small as the jeep pulled to her, Seba looked at Nobby, not having missed the locals comment. "You're not coming with us. I can't make you leave this area, but if I hear about you harassing the crew, I will haul you off to the authorities; I don't believe in shooting kids." Then looking at Lepper, she just grinned and shrugged. She couldn't explain herself better than that. Hopping into the jeep with Demetrius, they were off.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:00 am

Nobby frowned at the comment of being hauled off to the authorities and huffed. "I ain't harassed anyones!" He argued. "I was only beggin', and yous started off about me goin's through a language course, and makin' monies through schoolin', and usin' of badly drawn maps- you're the one harassing me!" Crossing his arms with a second huff, he frowned.

Demetrius was grinning. The boy was good at what he did. Tipping his hat, Demetrius grabbed his mask from the back of his head, pulled it around and positioned it over his face, and gave the Urchin a weak salute using only two of the usual five fingers. See you later, kid. He smirked, before pulling away hard enough to cause all four wheels to spin with a screech. Soon mounting the raised road-surface, Demetrius shot off down the winding tarmac road - which soon turned to a dirt track, which too slowly deteriorated into more of the sand-covered gesture of a road route, barked wither side by slight mounds in the earth. Welcome to Dessaria. Demetrius thought, with a smile hidden by his mask.
Back to top Go down
DormantEvil

DormantEvil

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:27 am

Allestrial Adamani stood watching as the Desserian left the group, her eyes following him for a short time. But soon he returned, with a jeep, one of her jeeps. Opening her mouth as he drove off in one of the Sky's jeeps she crossed her arms gently in thought. Common courtesy would have been nice, this crew was slack and undisciplined. She still hated the idea of any of them watching her back with a reasonable amount of confidence. In the old country she may have even opened fire on somebody else trying to commandeer a vehicle like that, but she couldn't do that now because the First Mate had joined him. That made it all the more difficult to get a proper shot off without risking lives and all. So instead she just turned back to Lepper and smiled. "That comes out of their pay if it's scratched. Actually, a full check and work will come out of their pay just to ensure its not scratched. I'm signing it over to them. They are...how do you say...responsible for it's life." She always had trouble explaining the anthropomorphic value of inanimate objects to people.

Letting the subject go, she turned to the street urchin and took out a small purple coloured rock. It had many different colours swirling around inside it when held up to the light, but in all other aspect was a truly translucent rock. "What do you have to trade for this, boy? Worth very much to Levanians, only found in mountain peaks after landslides. Over time if you don't get them quick enough they become cloudy and are worth nothing. This is very clear you see, very valuable."

She placed the stone back in her breast pocket and buttoned it up, making sure it was out of his reach. "When you find me a good deal, we can trade. But it must be very good deal."
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 pm

"52 wounded, 17 go to the cannibal." He handed over the clipboard, frowning a bit as he slid the butt of a cigarette between his lips, lighting up. "Damn miracle the ship didn't fall to shit..." He blinked, looking to her, then over to the drips dangling nearby. "I sent some guys out to run errands. You know, pick up more medical supplies and what not." He sighed a bit, rubbing his eyes as he closed the door for some privacy with her. "Jesus, Alison, you had me worried back there... Thought you died or something..." He looked at her with a bit of a frown.
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 pm

"Blunt-force trauma induced concussion." Medic said, flipping through the clipboard. It made sense now why her head felt stiff, it was being kept together by bandages. "Sending guys on supply errands means we made it to Norune, right? That's a miracle.. Let's hope the cannibal's number stays at seventeen."

Setting the clipboard down on her lap, Medic looked over at Mac. She wanted to bum a cigarette off of him, but knew that wouldn't be the best of ideas, given her current condition. "And you using my name.. That says something; is the injury really that bad, or were you overreacting just a little during first response with the whole dying bit?" She said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:31 am

The urchin frowned, and turned his attention to the woman offering him what looked like a gaseous rock. he eyed it for as long as was possible, before huffing, and fiddling around in his pockets to work out what he had. It wasn't often that anyone tried to make a deal with an urchin, lest said urchin had something the other party wanted; and that was usually rare. Of course, one thing a street urchin knew better than anything else, was of course, the street. if you wanted to know something that involved anything on the street, you asked the boy who spent most of his time there - in plain sight but out of mind because he didn't look troublesome enough to cause any real trouble.

"I'll give yous a pebble for it." He replied with a slight nod. "Can throws in a seven ounces of Dessarian Currencies and a tin can, if it means that much t'yah." He added. "Might be worth lots t'Levanians, but 'round here, peoples will go, Is a rock, boy. Whats do I want with a perdy rock? If it dun' do nothin' but looks swirly, it ain't worth much, is it. And then I'll be stucks with a swirly stone an' no profit!"

The urchin then gave a grin. "Way I seems it, Levanian's dun' seems to be practical people." He said, re-crossing his arms. "See, rounds here, I dunno if y'knows this, but, rounds here..." he looked around him, before lowering his voice, "We likes things of use." He smiled, before pulling out seven one-ounce Dessarian notes, sticking them in a tin can, before taking a pebble off the ground, shining it on his coat - which only seemed to make the pebble dirtier - before adding the pebble to the tin can, and shaking it. "So, here's me offer."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 am

Taking a deep breath, Seba was happy to be back in Dessaria. Nothing else mattered at that point; the terrible trip over to Norune, Lepper not listening about the anomalies, the rapidly approaching object in the distance.. Wait, what?

With a scowl Seba stood a bit out of her seat, squinting over the windshield. "Do you see that?!" She yelled at Demetrius through the wind and noise of the jeep. Without waiting another second she headed to the back of the jeep where a turret was mounted, only to find after fishing around for a few moments, that there was no ammunition for it. Muttering curses to herself she headed back to the front and sat down. "We may have a problem, the gun didn't come with shells.."

The object, which was a harrier, reached them rather quickly; slowing to a stop in front of them. Armed Dessarians were disembarking from either side of the thing and coming over to their jeep. Looking to the sides of the jeep there also seemed to be armored transports closing in on their position. "One hell of a welcome party.." She muttered.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 am

Demetrius squinted into the distance at the dot that was approaching them, masked by the heat-wave that formed a rippling wall at a constant distance in front of them. Whatever it was, it has wings, their down-draft was kicking sand and dirt up into the air behind it, the engines only causing the cloud to vortex into spirals.

After realising what was happening, Demetrius slowed to a stop, before turning off the engine, pocketing the keys, and leaning against the vehicle's side. if he was going to be shot, he wasn't about to be shot sitting down; to die in your boots was the dessarian way, not die in a bloody chair.

From one of the armoured transports clambered a male, who differed visually from the rest of the men there. His hair was smoothly waxed back half-way over one eye, he seemed to sport eye-liner, and wore a blue suit, with black pin-stripes. "Demetrius! Long time no see!" grinned the smartly-dressed newcomer, whose accent was probably once Gaian, until he surrounded himself with Dessarians, which had twisted his accent into a rolling, harshly-spoken Gaian-like accent that was neither gaian, or quite Dessarian; "Taking care of yourself? Got yourself a jeep?" He asked, before walking over to it. Removing a thick, lengthy cigar, he patted the Jeep, before whistling impressedly, and taping the cigar against the mounted gun. "Its a nice gun you have here-" He began, before putting on a mock-surprised face, "-Oh, but it has no bullets! Which reminds me, Demetrius-" He added, turning to face the Dessarian, who was still wearing the mask over his face, "-Its been two weeks, and I still haven't gotten the shipment of my Fifty-calibre bullets!"

Demetrius stared back carefully through his mask, and sighed. "I've been busy, Robert. My plane has been worst-for-wear and I've been unable to get here to even deliver the bullets. I have them in storage I'm sure." Demetrius replied in Dessarian, safe in the knowledge that the gaian, Robert, understood Dessarian fluently; he just spoke it as if he were chewing it up, only to spit it out on your shoes...

"Good." Robert grinned. "I look forward to seeing you again! Demetrius, hopefully this time, with more on you than a pretty girl and a battered Jeep!" Before the Gaian clambered back into the armoured transporter, rested a foot on the dashboard and lit his cigar - using two fingers to issue the truck's mobilisation.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am

Seba watched the convoy leave before turning her head toward Demetrius. "... So that's why you needed that part. This Robert guy, he's got an army, doesn't he?" She mused. "Eh, let's get going.. No use sitting here." She nodded to the ignition switch.

"In all honesty, it's probably for the best that we didn't have any shells for the gun, ya know... " Seba said with a sigh after they started off again. "Could have made a situation.."

The drive continued until the sand stopped and rock began. Tunnel entrances could be seen every so often along the now solid ground surface. When they reached one that was apparently of Demetrius' particular interest, they stopped.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:51 pm

"Yes, this Robert guy has an army..." Demetrius replied with a huff. "Said army helps with a lot of business, too." He added, before shifting into gear and pulling away again. "He's like you - the Foxes. Just, he does more ground-based things, does more dodgey deals, runs the black market more..." He added, having to raise his voice over the sound of the wind, and the engine, "Think... The Winged Foxes, without your wings, and a lot of blood-money, smuggling and black-market business, and thats Robert all over..."

As sand turned to rock, Demetrius slowed, and soon pulled to a stop. Getting out, he fished with his hand on the inside of a hole into the tunnel, which was, once upon a time, an underground river, before throwing the hidden rope ladder down into the blackness. Hot air bellowed up like smoke from a chimney in the tunnels, and sighing, he beckoned her to follow, before clambering down into the crevice, soon stepping onto the rocky surface of the tunnel's interior.

It was very windy in the tunnels; the air constantly expanded with the 40-Celsius heat, and in the confined space of the tunnels, caused the air to rush down through, creating a wind-tunnel effect. Finding a gas lamp, he turned the flint until the gas ignited - illuminating a small area of complete darkness in the vast tunnel that was several hundred feet in height, and twice that in width.

Demetrius waited for Seba to clamber down after him before he spoke,"Someone said these tunnels were formed by ice, when the world was cold. When it all melted, water gushed through here, and carved out the caverns that the ice had left behind already. People also say if you listen carefully, you can hear the voices of the tunnels. Just do not listen for too long..."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Climbing down the rope ladder, Seba skipped the last few rungs and jumped the rest of the way down; landing lightly. Going over next to Demetrius, she listened as he spoke about the tunnels, and then listened to the tunnels themselves; hearing a low-pitched windy sound that seemingly came from farther down the path. Although she had lived in Dessaria for a good deal of time, she had never been in any of the fabled tunnels before; this was exciting.

"So, what are we here for exactly?" Seba said quietly. "I know you said something about delivering a tank from here to Gaia, but that's obviously not here.. Is there something else down here?"
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 am

Mac frowned a bit at Medic's comment, shaking his head. "Well, unlike a lot of people on this ship, I'm a very superstitious bastard. Don't see any good luck coming from the death of the widow of the guy I owe a blood debt to." He replaced the plasma and blood drips, puffing away at his cigarette. "The injuries on your head resulted in more than a concussion, I figure. We're getting a surgeon on board to see if you don't have any brain hemorrhaging. In the meantime, you might as well keep that turban on your head, oh Queen of Sheba." He grinned, giving a pen over to her. "Consider yourself lucky we didn't go down."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 am

Norune. It smelled of every smell known to mankind. Rare spices, herbs, foods from around the globe, clothing, knives, and the unmistakable red light district with the "cuddly elves". He'd only been there once, mostly staying on the massive airship whilst his pit boss tended to matters on collecting some affordable spare parts for the VMC company.

He started to make his way away from the docks, leaving a small security detail watching the Ruby, usually chasing off some of the local riff-raff getting a little too grabby at the airship's parts. Behind him, two riflemen and one of the taller members marched along, both riflemen in distinguishing uniforms they were made to wear, helmets, gear, and all. Lep himself was armed to the teeth, but the way that Norune was described about the slavers had him a bit worried about the others in the group.

His ears picked up on a slave auction nearby, and the four of them moved to the slave district, seeing the many chained creatures and people within small corrals or even cages.

"Welcome! Welcome! I see you are a man who likes to take charge! See here, this slave! She's still a virgin, I can guarantee that! Is she not one of the finest elves you ever laid your eyes on?"

"You look as though you're in need of laborers! Here, look at these fine specimens, strong and born to load, unload, and move!"

The shouts were insane, and many of the slave dealers were cooking up a storm to the passers-by in the district, trying to make a sale quickly.
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:01 am

"... It's always the blood debt with you..." Medic said, shaking her head with a scowl. "Can't you for once say something in relation to me that doesn't have that attached to it?" She sighed, looking at the pen she was handed, questioning what it was for; then starting to twirl it around in between her fingers. ".. In any case there's probably a surgeon on the Sky's medical crew, if not at least another capable doctor. Please tell me you checked with them before you went for a Norune surgeon... That could get expensive.."

The Sky's medical crew was working on the over-flooded sick bay at that time. Some of the injured had to be transported to the second ship just to clear some room, for that matter. It took nearly an hour for a doctor from the Sky, whose coat was splattered with blood, to check up on her. Preforming extensive tests it was pronounced that there was no brain hemorrhaging occurring, and that Medic just needed to keep the bandages on for a while. Leaving the room, the doctor went to other patients.

"See, I'll be fine.." Medic looked over at Mac, who hadn't left the room the entire time. "Tell whoever it was you sent to call off the Norune doctor."
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Seba wrote:
Climbing down the rope ladder, Seba skipped the last few rungs and jumped the rest of the way down; landing lightly. Going over next to Demetrius, she listened as he spoke about the tunnels, and then listened to the tunnels themselves; hearing a low-pitched windy sound that seemingly came from farther down the path. Although she had lived in Dessaria for a good deal of time, she had never been in any of the fabled tunnels before; this was exciting.

"So, what are we here for exactly?" Seba said quietly. "I know you said something about delivering a tank from here to Gaia, but that's obviously not here.. Is there something else down here?"

Demetrius grinned a little. "There is a lot down here. Even tanks. Come, I'll show you." He nodded, before leading her through the darkness, carrying the gas-lamp that created the orb of lonely light in otherwise pitch blackness. It wasn't long until they came what looked akin to a huge, make-shift hanger door in the tunnel, blocking their path, and after undoing the padlock and dragging open the door with some difficulty, revealed a land of mechanical plenty.

Within the storage space, once illuminated by a second and third, set of larger oil-lamps, sat a tank, amongst crates of foam packaging filled with guns, to belts and boxes of ammunition and crates of explosives - followed by a large, lead box, the radioactive sign on the front in bright yellow. "See? Tank!" Demetrius grinned.
Back to top Go down
DormantEvil

DormantEvil

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:42 pm

It happened again, the crowd all moving away without acknowledging her. Apart from the little street urchin, and with his 'trade' she wouldn't have minded him leaving as well. She shook her head sternly, and smiled. "Not even close, and if you don't know about these particular stones then of course you cannot understand it's true worth. Run along, I'm sure some day we will barter seriously." Turning around and walking back towards the Sky, Allestrial wondered exactly how to induct herself into the WFAP without always getting ignored.

Sure, she was new, only joining them since Levania but her experience preceded most in airship and submarine commanding. Ever since stepping foot on the airship she had fallen in love with it's design. Maybe there would be more willing brothers and sisters elsewhere, and the Sky would fetch a rather handsome bargaining chip to other rogue, mercenary or pirating bands.

She had closed the gap between herself and the airship, watching the crew depart as much as was allowed since they were docked. But a good half of them were still inside, working. A few people unloading on the docks were waving at her, and she waved back slowly. It was around then that she spotted a pocket of smoke escaping through an open vent up on the mechanics deck. And then, without more warning than that there was a catastrophic explosion. It threw a sizable portion of the solid metal hull out, shards of it turning into projectiles as they stabbed into the surrounding dock. A giant bright orange fireball engulfed the area, spreading up to tear through the lining on the upper decks and balloons. It seemed alive in it's precise attack, bursting one after the other. The airship creaked as the holding arms bent when it began to lose altitude.

Men and women began to flood out of the emergency ramps and the cargo bay, running away from the soon crashing and burning masterpiece. The holding arms snapped when the airship had dropped to far and it rolled over onto itself crushing many of the escaping crew. The fires were now ripping the airships insides out, and in an instant the fuel was ignited, and one after another the engines were blown off the ship as the fire spread. And as if a final climax to the destruction the liquid hydrogen caught.

The Ruby would have received the distress signal, but only been able to watch the short minute of devastation. The strategic placement of the initial fire, started in the worst spot imaginable made Allestrial's fists clench up. That could not have been an accident. Running towards the now burning wreckage, the heat was unimaginable and she held her sleeve up to cover her face. There were injured Foxes and Norune work crews calling for help, many still inside the portions of the ship that had survived but were not surrounded in burning fuel and wreckage. She climbed in through a sideways entrance hatch, walking now on a wall and having to hunch over slightly.

"Get out now, forget possessions, just get outside. Clear the area!" she yelled, beginning to cough a few times.

And then somehow throughout the panic and rush she spotted a clouded, cloaked face trying to move with the flow. When he was beside her she pushed him into the wall, bending an arm harshly behind his back. The struggle ensued but with the help of another he was subdued. Nobody in the hallway recognized him, and with a quick search they found an ID and the left overs of sabotage gear. And he wreaked of fuel, it was burning his own eyes just from the fumes.

"Take him outside, get everyone back."

She moved into the rooms, checking for survivors and got to the stairwell. Suddenly above her the metal framework screamed in pain as the ship was rocked again by another explosion. The ammunition storage on the flight decks getting hit. There was almost no time, and in a reflex dive she pushed herself back. The stairs crashing where she had been standing. There was no way to get to the Bridge, or for anybody else to get down unless they tried their luck outside.

Leaving the ship, Allestrial was now covered in black smoke and soot. Her eyes red and watering as she collapsed to her knees. Her lungs burning. But there was nothing to do. And as she looked around at maybe forty people, her surviving crew she hung her head low. She had failed, even with her strict security, that man had gutted them.

"I want him taken to th...the Ruby," she spluttered, holding her chest. "And send a runner to find Lepper. Now!" she ordered. All they could do now was carry the wounded over to a make shift covered area beside the mother airship. Some of the Ruby's crew had died, anyone taken over to receive treatment from the flight over.

The black smoke lifted up and formed a high stack, visible from miles around. The Burning Sky, in her technological beauty was no more.
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:20 pm

The low thud of an explosion and the rising plume behind the group didn't bother Lep none. In all honesty, as an Aekean, he was use to things exploding around him. It was what the runner said when he arrived.

"Cap'n! Sky's been blown to bits!"

Lep looked over, blinking. The slave auctioneers didn't bother to note the explosion. He nodded to one of his riflemen, who in turn nodded back. The two sprinted off in the direction of the aerial docks, leaving the tall gangly fellow and a rifleman behind.

His feet slammed against the dusty road, carrying him to the docks, a hand gripped tightly around the butt of a Colt M1911A1. Another was gripping the hilt of his rapier. They skidded around a corner as Lep looked back to the rifleman. "Get any medical teams you can assembled outside both airships immediately! I want whoever's still up and running to either replace the lost members of the Ruby, or dragging in the wounded to that airship!"

They stopped before the scene, flames keeping them back a good distance due to the intense heat. Norune firefighters worked round the clock with the best of the best equipment they managed to trade for, hoses blasting away at the base of the inferno, smoke turning to steam.

The rifleman wasted no time in sprinting up to the Ruby and heading to the medical bay.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Before he could get an answer, the Ruby shuddered as a deafening blast, followed by another one shook her. He blinked, looking around. "What in God's name was that?" He turned, moving to the next room to peer out the porthole. He pulled his hands back quickly, the heat of the glass forcing him back. "JESUS!" He got to a passing orderly, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck. "Get the damn officers in the bridge to MOVE THIS SHIP! I don't want that damn fire spreading to us!"

"Yessir!" The Orderly saluted, being dropped onto the metal floor as he sprinted off to the bridge.

Mac felt the ship slowly began to move to the side, chains outside heard creaking. Water soon pelted both the inferno as well as the airship he was on, as he looked about, moving back to Medic's room.

"... You know that runner I sent to get the doctor? Turns out we don't need to tell the doc to forget coming. The Sky exploded right next to us."
Back to top Go down
DemolitionDingo

DemolitionDingo

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Lawrence had gone with the Captain to tour Norune, though was left behind with an escort as the emergency took place. This left him and a rifleman behind in the slave district. A slaver walked up, the Dessarian uniform on him very ill-fitting and several sizes too small.

"Welcome! May I interest you in some of our finer females, my tall friend?"

"... you do know this is illegal, right? What you're doing here?" Lawrence looked around at everyone in corrals and caged up, frowning a bit.

"Illegal!?" The man laughed, patting the taller Lawrence heartily. "Nonsense, my friend! Nothing you see here is illegal in Norune! Maybe where you live, but certainly not here! All you see is perfectly legit!"

Another slaver, wearing a Von Helson uniform, ran up, grinning from ear to ear. "We got her, boss! She's locked up in a cage now so she won't get out again!"

"Get out again?" Lawrence blinked, looking at both of them. "Can I buy her?"

"Uh... no, no, you don't want her..." The first Slaver rubbed the back of his neck. "She is... very eccentric."

"Eccentric?"

"Yes... she.... she's a bit of a handful. We do have others you might desi-"

"Well, she obviously doesn't want to be here."

"Maybe... Maybe..."

A third slaver came out, looking worried.

"... boss, she escaped again."

The first started shouting out a massive string of curses that made Lawrence and the rifleman slowly back away and continue walking around the massive marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 pm

"... So that's what that was.. Knew it couldn't have been anything good." Medic said quietly, looking around. She started getting up from the left side of the bed, where the drips were hanging from on a pole. Grabbing clips, she stopped the liquids from flowing into her veins, quickly removing the tape from her arm and skilfully removing the needle from the vein for both drips. Putting a small gauze and fresh tape over the areas, Medic looked over at Mac. "There's wounded, we can't afford for me to be lying around.."

Looking around for a few moments, Medic spotted her boots on the other side of the room; apparently someone had taken them off her. Walking over to get them proved to have a few difficulties, Medic wobbled a bit; her equilibrium was off, but that was expected and she reasoned it would soon get better. Getting the boots on, she looked at Mac with a nod. "Let's get going.."

Wounded were already filing into the nearly filled medical area of the Ruby, and Medic was given a rushed report from a nurse that the nearest Norune hospital had been notified of the incident, and that the most critically injured were being taken to their intensive care unit. Thanking the nurse, Medic scrubbed up and began triage.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm

"That's... too cool." Seba grinned at the sight of the tank. Going over to it, she ran her hand along the side of the heavily armored, heavily weaponized, vehicle; then looking back at Demetrius. "Whoever's getting this is one lucky bastard.." She looked around a bit more at the stockpiles of ammunition before focusing back on the removal of the tank from the cave; which became obvious when Demetrius flipped a few switches, making the back wall of the storage area open up into daylight.

"If those bullets Robert needed are in here we can grab them. I'll bring the jeep around so they can get loaded.." Seba called to Demetrius as he was prepping the tank. Grabbing the keys and leaving through the large exit, it was easy to spot the jeep. Trotting over to it, she heard static coming through on the attached radio. Getting in, she re-tuned it so the signal came in clear, and began talking with someone from the crew of the Ruby.
"Sky.. destroyed.. can you read?"
"...Repeat that please?"
"Good, we finally got in touch you ma'am.. The Sky has been attacked, it's totally destroyed.. We have a detainee, please get back as soon as possible."
"Right."

Peeling over to the tank exit, Seba hopped out of the vehicle and ran over to Demetrius. "We don't have time to get vodka."
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 am

"Sure, we'll take those crates with us." Demetrius replied, before he continued to hum under his breath as he flicked various switches within the cockpit of the tank, engaging different parts of the engine and vehicle in general. The innards were anything but ordinary; the Tank had taken a beating in the past, and when being rebuilt, the restorer had taken the chance to reorganize the interior. With all the labeled switches it looked more akin to the cockpit of a fighter aircraft, and several televisions had been mounted in the commander, driver and gunner's positions, giving the view of cameras mounted on the gun, and showing the port, starboard and stern. The old tank had been modernized, if only slightly.

The bay door to the outside world was now open, even if it was a good few hundred yards away, and the true tunnel entrance was a few hundred yards or so beyond that to somewhat hide it from prying eyes. What had once been an underground river was now a massive Dessarian storage line; there was a sense of honor between the Dessarians that one wouldn't touch another's storage; and if another did, many of the Dessarians might find themselves inclined to punish the party...

As Seba ran back and informed him that there was no time to get Vodka, Demetrius fired up the Tank's engine in reply, before starting to reverse the tank towards the exit of the tunnel slowly, using the rear-view camera to guide him.
Back to top Go down
Amazing Pancakes

Amazing Pancakes

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

"Seriously though, why do you fry them? If they're already cooked before you fry them, it's very silly to cook them again!" Sarah Hartman said, waving her bangled and otherwise non-clad arms around in a circle at a very disgruntled food vendor. "And look at THAT one! It's BURNT! BUUUURNT! And that other one is undercooked! This is very inefficient, not to mention not standardized! Do you really plan on selling these to people?! And another thi-" Sarah was about to go off on the man and how his napkins were askew, and that one of the light bulbs in his sign was missing, when she noticed from the corner of her eye some men walking in their direction. "Well, have a nice day!" Sarah waved, and ran off giggling; leaving a very confused vendor.

The men, obviously from the shady district of town, reached the vendor. Holding up a picture of her, they asked if the man had seen their property. The vendor pointed in the direction she had ran off in, and they followed after.

Trotting along with her arms held out to the sides and humming some random tune, Sarah wasn't paying particular attention where she was going; which became apparent when she ran right into someone. Blinking and taking a few steps back, she looked up at what was possibly the largest person ever. "... You're huge." She blinked again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Norune Trade Route   The Norune Trade Route - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Norune Trade Route

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sky Haven :: Roleplay :: Battle and Adventures-
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com